Search This Blog

March 23, 2017

Expats Use IRS Form 673 to Reduce Taxes Withheld From Your Wages

Why let the IRS hold your money all year and not get it back until you file your tax return. If you are an expatriate and claim the foreign earned income exclusion (filing form 2555 or 2555 EZ), housing exclusion  you can file Form 673 with your US employer and reduce your tax withholding during the year to the actual amount you may owe at the end of the year or to nothing if you expect to owe the IRS no taxes at all.

You can download this form at  If you need help determining the tax you will owe (if any) as an expatriate living abroad, we can help with that determination. Contact us at   

No comments: