Search This Blog

March 11, 2017

Expats that Owe the IRS a Lot of Taxes, Can Make a Deal and Reduce or Eliminate the Balance Due

If you owe the IRS a lot of past taxes, you can do an offer in compromise and reduce or eliminate the balance due. To proceed, you must have filed all of your tax returns and be current on this years required tax payments (if any).  The process can be complex and many firms advertise on TV to help you make a deal with the IRS, and do not deliver but do take your money. The IRS on the webpage set forth below has a question and answer procedure where you can determine if you qualify and how much you can reduce the taxes due.  IRS WEBSITE WITH OFFER IN COMPROMISE CALCULATOR

Remember if you owe the IRS more than $50,000 in back taxes they can have your passport taken away when you enter the US from abroad. You can only get it back after you resolve the problem with the IRS.

If you need help or professional assistance, email us at

No comments: