Access your individual account information including balance, payments, tax records and more.
If you don't have an existing IRS username or ID.me account, have your photo identification ready. More information about identity verification is available on the sign-in page.
View Your Balance
- View the amount you owe and a breakdown by tax year
Make and View Payments
- Make a payment from your bank account or by debit/credit card
- You can also make a guest payment without logging in
- View 5 years of payment history, including your estimated tax payments
- View any pending or scheduled payments
View or Create Payment Plans
- Learn about payment plan options and apply for a new payment plan
- View details of your payment plan if you have one
Manage Communication Preferences
- Go paperless for certain notices
- Get email notifications for new account information or activity
Access Tax Records
- View key data from your most recently filed tax return, including your adjusted gross income, and access transcripts
- View information about your Economic Impact Payments
- View information about your advance Child Tax Credit payments
- View digital copies of certain notices from the IRS
View Tax Pro Authorizations
- View any authorization requests from tax professionals
- Approve and electronically sign Power of Attorney and Tax Information Authorization from your tax professional
There are compatibility issues with some assistive technologies. Refer to the accessibility guide for help if you use a screen reader, screen magnifier or voice command software.
Other ways to find your account information
- You can request an Account Transcript by mail. Note that each Account Transcript only covers a single tax year, and may not show the most recent penalties, interest, changes or pending actions.
- If you're a business, or an individual who filed a form other than 1040, you can obtain a transcript by submitting Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.
- Find more assistance.