Search This Blog

January 19, 2015

When a US Expat is Married to a Nonresident Spouse - Many Planning Opportunities May be Available

If you are married to a nonresident spouse who lives outside of the US, there are potential tax problems, but also many possible planning opportunities that should not be ignored.  You do not have to file a US tax return with your nonresident spouse or report their income. You do not have to report their foreign assets.  Your nonresident spouse can give you unlimited gifts so long as you file the proper form with the IRS to report those gifts (which will avoid any potential penalties). There are more strategies available.  Email us at or visit our website at 

Read more in the Wall Stree Journal Article Below:

No comments: