Search This Blog

April 7, 2018

Foreign Corporation Form 5471 - File it or else

Form 5471 must be filed by those who own 10 percent or more of a foreign corporation.  It contains information on other US owners, an income statement and a balance sheet.  Failure to file it can cause the nonfiler (if caught) to incur a $10,000 penalty from the IRS.  You must file form 926 also in the initial year to report your capital contribution to the foreign corporation.

If your foreign corporation is inacive and has less than $100,000 in assets and little if any income you may be eligible to file just page one of form 5471. Read more about the filing requirements and special rules that apply if you have failed to file this form at Email us with questions at . We are attorneys and CPAs with the expertise you need.

No comments: